|Intoduction | Gallery | Reviews | Object Catalogue | Contact me||My Flickr Photostream|
Build a Solar Filter
16 x 12mm screws
4 x 130mm x 25mm thin aluminium
Baader Solar Film
4 stick rubber feet
1. Cut squares of 6mm ply that will easily cover the aperture of your scope.
2. Measuring from the edges marc the centre of one of the squares.
3. Hammer a nail part way in to the centre of the board and using a mark the inner and outer lines of the Solar Film holder - mirror size or as in my case just smaller than the Solar Film.
4. Using 8 12mm screws, fix the two squares of ply together.
5. Now using a jigsaw cut out the film holder.
6. Place the thin aluminium in a vice and shape the bracket.
7. Drill two holes in the top of each bracket to fix it to the film holder.
8. Screw the brackets on the film holder.
9. Mark the brackets as required and remove then adjust for secure fitting on your scope.
10. Here I have attached some little rubber feet to grip on my scope and this will also stop any scratching.
11. Test the fit and adjust further if required.
12. READ all the instructions of the Solar Film before proceeding.
13. Disassemble the film holder and carefully place the film over on one half.
Note: Mark the side of the film holder so it was easier to align.
14. Place on the top half and secure with the screws.
15. Replace the brackets.
16. Attach to your scope and away you go but PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
END OF PROCESS
EOS DC Power
USB Focus Controller